The new airline belonging to Air France began operating its first flights on December 1.
Joon is the new airline launched by the Air France-KLM Group. Its main objectives are to offer cheaper prices, especially to a young public, and to face the development of low-cost and long-haul routes by airlines such as Norwegian and the new Level.
The airline Joon plans to have 28 aircraft by 2020, 10 of which will be long-haul, and although it is currently operated by Air France pilots, the intention of its creators is that it is also an independent airline.
Its main base is in Paris and the first destinations are Berlin (Germany), Lisbon and Porto (Portugal) and Barcelona (Spain). The first routes are served with 7 Airbus A320-200 aircraft transferred from Air France, while in the coming months it will also incorporate Airbus A321 and A340-300 aircraft that will also be transferred from Air France.
Some of the prices that the airline handles on its routes from Paris are: Barcelona at 45 euros, Oslo and Rome at 49 euros and Istanbul at 99 euros. They are one-way and do not include checked baggage.
Cities where Joon currently operates
- Paris. Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG), base airport.
- Berlin. Tegel Airport (TXL),
- Lisboa. Portela Airport (LIS),
- Porto. Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport (OPO),
- Barcelona. El Prat Airport (BCN).
Future Joon destinations and release date
- Cairo, Egypt. March 25, 2018.
- Naples, Italy. March 25, 2018.
- Rome, Italy. March 25, 2018.
- Oslo, Norway. March 25, 2018.
- Istanbul, Turkey. March 25, 2018.
- Cape Town, South Africa. April 1, 2018.
- Tehran, Iran. April 2, 2018.
- Fortaleza, Brazil. May 4, 2018.
- Mahé, Seychelles. May 5, 2018.